ORIGINAL DAVID BOWIE PORTRAIT
ONE OF A KIND
- Certificate of Authenticity provided.
- Original is hand signed and will be delivered flat.
- Original is delivered free within the UK. Contact for delivery internationally.
Full size: 23″ x 23″ (584mm x 584mm)
- This original hand-drawn David Bowie portrait was created on Strathmore Bristol Smooth paper.
- This was drawn using only graphite and black coloured pencil.
- This original wildlife artwork will be best presented mounted and displayed behind a ultra-violet protection glass frame.
This piece is the second in my collection of 4 ‘Influential Celebrities’. David Bowie was a confusing character for me as a child. I had only watched him in the film ‘Labrynth’ and was bewildered by his glam rock appearance and slightly creepy character. His ability to repeatedly morph his look is truly impressive! He never seemed to stop revolutionising his own image and kept his fans on their toes with his image and music styles.
My celebrity pieces are my largest and most time consuming pieces. All created with mixes of graphite, charcoal and pastel.
This large, hand-drawn, David Bowie illustration is the perfect keep-sake for any music lover. This is 1 of 4 original celebrity icon art pieces that would make a wonderful gift or room decoration for your home or studio.
This piece was my most challenging of the celebrity portraits to draw. Audrey, Marilyn and Prince all have a very smooth skin texture which although tough to capture, is still easier than complexed skin textures (something that I will be working on in the future). I loved capturing the difference between his two eyes; an iconic feature that was actually a result of being hit by a friend when he was young.
For this piece I used graphite for the very dark tones but due to the smooth texture of the paper I used, I wanted to use graphite to slowly build up the skin tones.